Last evening I was highlighted in a second interview on Brain Injury Radio. Host Lisa Dryer has been a presence in my MS life since I opened myself to the social media of multiple sclerosis several years ago.
Lisa Dryer is the creator of #MSBeautiful on FaceBook and advocates for MS in a multitude of ways. Lisa brands herself as “roaming and wild” and I believe her. I believe I've met my match in fighting the MonSter.
Lisa makes me think.
"Mess With MS," Lisa Dryer and Lisa McCombs,"I Have MS. What's Your Superpower?"
Lisa A. McCombs is a retired teacher, a mother, and a bestselling author of YA novels. She has also written a…
- What advice would you give a newly diagnosed
2. Tell me about your exercise regime.
3. How do you deal with depression associated with MS?
4. When do you know you’ve shared too much?
5. How do you deal with the fatigue that MS brings?
6. What practices do you observe other than prescription drugs to combat the ill effects of multiple sclerosis?
7. How important is your faith in dealing with MS?
These are just a few of the questions Lisa incorporated in her two-part interview. Sure we all think about this, but when was the last time you actually took the time to verbalize an answer?
As living, breathing examples of disease survivors, we are the experts far above and beyond the realm of medical science. No one knows you as well as YOU know you.
Take some time to talk to yourself today. Go ahead. From one Warrior to another, I give you permission.
We are our own advocates.
Have a beautiful day,
Lisa, Lady With the Cane