I FREAKIN’ LOVE STEROIDS!
I realize this is a controversial topic, but right now I’m a happy camper thriving amid a low-dose prednisone treatment.
Many MSers do not share my enthusiasm for steroids and I understand. Everyone reacts differently to chemical treatments. A friend of mine required anger management when prescribed steroids. Some folks undergo a facial transformation and develop a moon face.
Steroid treatment aims to reduce inflammation in the central nervous system (CNS) caused by/during a relapse. If you follow my blog, you are aware of the triggers in my present life.
LET ME RECAP:
- transitioning from Gilenya to Kisempta
- Six weeks with no DMDs
- I took a major trip cross-country to visit my son
- and had to leave my son again halfway across the country.
- The temps in Arizona (where I was visiting) were in the triple digits. (Don’t you dare talk to me about dry heat. Hot is hot, man!)
- Foot drop was and is kicking my behind.
- Stress, stress, stress
- Anticipating an upcoming surgery
- Being away from online support tribes.
By the time I returned home from a recent trip to Tempe, Arizona , the MonSter controlled my every inch. Walking near impossible, fatigue locking me to my new yellow couch, assorted pains overturning all attempts of everyday life, I contacted my neuro, who agreed to a low dose steroid. I’m on day three and much improved.
As MS Warriors, we must do whatever it takes to keep ourselves in balance.
Hopefully, this little pill will get me back on track and in good shape for late September out-patient surgery and a new DMD.
We do what we need to do.
How do you handle every day trials?
Lisa, Lady With the Cane