YOU ARE ESSENTIAL.
Being a short month, I see February as an excellent challenge month. It’s short enough to be doable but long enough to make a statement. I've learned to keep a monthly calendar and check off accomplishments as they occur.
Before going any further, let me thank Shauna Grimes and the Ninja Writers (ninjawriters.org)for teaching and enforcing this practice.
Goals for February 2021:
- publish Ivy and Iris on 2/14/2022 (My Valentine to myself.)
- finalize website
- write two blog posts a week
- prepare MS Awareness plans for March
- write every single day (this is the easy one)
- review two books on Readers Favorite
- get a birthday gift for my brother
- MRI on 2/24
- complete Ninja writer’s BIG project homework
- knit a shawl
- crochet a blanket
That’s what I’ve got so far. As the month progresses, new projects/appointments often come up. That’s fine.No matter how big or how small, I feel accomplished checking them off my list.
We need to feel essential every month, but February is a great month for a trial run. I didn’t want to believe the significance of creating a schedule for myself, but it’s real.
Living with achronic illness tends to make us feel nonessential. YOU ARE ESSENTIAL. Say it with me:
I AM ESSENTIAL.
Say it every day and check it off your list.
See how easy that was?
Have a good day,
Lisa, Lady With the Cane